Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's ON!

I caught a third generation funk back in January, at least I think it was January. It traveled through Hayden and then through Chip, and finally landed right inside my damn left nostril. I took my ass to the doctor and was told what I suspected. I had a sinus infection. My head hurt like a sumbitch...my nose, my teeth, my ears, my hair. If I go the rest of my life without another sinus infection I will be ecstatic!

All of this brings me to the fact that while I was at the doctor's office my weight was checked. I weighed a pitiful ninety one pounds, clothed! Damn it!! Downer!!! I left there thinking I'd clear up my sorry-ass sinus infection and then worry about my weight, or lack thereof.

The following weekend I hit the GNC store and bought protein powder, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey in Extreme Milk Chocolate, to be very exact. I've been drinking it (with whole milk) daily now for well over a month. I started out drinking two servings a day and am now down to one. I weighed myself last weekend and I topped out at 101 pounds, clothed! SHIT & NOT! Somewhere over the course of five to six weeks, maybe seven, I gained close to ten pounds.

Given that the only time I've weighed above one hundred and five pounds was when I was pregnant, I'm thrilled about this. Now, I just have to work at keeping the weight on and hopefully gaining at least ten more pounds. Seeing results this quickly really motivates me to buck up and guzzle down.

No comments: