Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hall-O-Weeeeee! NO!

Funny how a day creeps up on you. Halloween was a couple of months away, then BAM!, the next day it's sitting on my porch, right beside a little girl that calls me mama. One that is waiting for me to put fins on her mermaid skirt.


The plan was to take Hayden to a costume party at my brother's house. Costume Party = Success
After the party we were going to take her to a trunk-or-treat/festival at the church just down the road. Trunk-or-Treat = Failure

The trunk-or-treat was not a trunk-or-treat. We realized this after parking the car and not seeing a single trunk nor treat. The festivities were inside, which at first seemed just fine (we'll take the candy however they want to give it to us). Upon entering the recreation hall we noticed that the church members had set up a not very haunted house. A black curtain hung in the doorway that lead to three ladies, not in costume mind you, sitting in chairs and handing out candy, GOOD candy! Well, Hayden took one look at the black curtain, heard the somewhat scary music and recognized that the lights were dim and started whimpering and saying, "I don't want to go in there, I don't want to go in there."

I carried her in (because I like to clean shitty diapers) and sat her down next to the candy. Tootsie rolls! Her favorite! Not that night, NO! Again, "I don't want to go in there."

I picked my little mermaid back up and carried her out. Our score = 1 Handful of Candy

So it goes.

There is always next year.

No comments: