Tuesday, October 19, 2010

As Scared As I've Ever Been

Holy shit! was I busy last week. Friday came straight from hell if you ask me, and not one person did. That didn't stop me from bitching and moaning to anyone who would lend an ear though. I sort of thought my busy season was behind me, I was sort of wrong.

I intended to post on Friday and tell tales of toilet training and a two year old with the personality of twins that are totally opposite. I hardly got around to it as I was still fielding phone calls at ten after five, when I should have been cussing someone for not letting me merge onto I-75.

Shit : not! & total!

So, Friday was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! Yes, I know it could have been worse...and it was, on Thursday night.

I usually fall asleep on the couch at night before going to bed. Thursday night was no different. I fell asleep around 9:20, I know because I looked at the clock right before I closed my eyes. Chip was heating oil in a pot on the stove, he was going to fry cheese sticks for both of us. While the oil was heating up he went to the dog kennel.

I woke myself up coughing, right about the time Chip came running through the house hollering, "Oh no, oh no!" The kitchen was on fire. Flaming fire! FUCK! FUUUUUUCK! The stove, wall, and two cabinets were in flames.There was thick black smoke hanging throughout the house. Apparently, the oil became too hot and caught on fire.

We, mostly Chip, put the fire out and then we stood staring at the damage, shook to the core. It was worse than my Friday, by far. I looked at the clock, it was 9:40.

It is baffling what can occur within a twenty minute span of time.






I know we are lucky.

No comments: