Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Innocence, Or Lack Thereof

We pulled up to the light at the intersection to make a right-hand turn and apparently Chip thought he was getting one over on the traffic coming from the opposite direction because he blurted out, "Take that in the butt!"

A little voice from the back seat reiterated, "Take at'na butt!

See where this is going?

Inevitably, Hayden is going to blurt out the one-liner she heard roll off her daddy's tongue at one inappropriate time after another, probably when he is nowhere to be seen.

I've been there, heard a child say something widly inappropriate. I've done that, blamed the parent(s).

In this particular case I would ask that something much more obvious be at fault: Innocence

Although, there is nothing innocent about me having to explain that my daughter repeated something vulgar her daddy said in her presence. Nor is there anything innocent about me having to defend myself to the person who now thinks I take it in the butt.

I SWEAR DUDE! I DO NOT TAKE IT IN THE BUTT! I SWEAR!
PLEASE!
PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!
BELIEVE ME!
I BEG YOU.

No comments: