Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Copy:Paste (started on the 23rd)

Where's paci at? * Shoes off. * Puppies out. * Thank you. * Bath, please. * Get up daddy. * What are you doing? * Please. Please. Please.

Not only is Hayden talking, she is talking in sentences. This started recently, much to my delight and blatant shock. No longer does she say paci, paci...it's...where(s) paci at?

I can be cleaning in the living room and she'll come through and demand to know what I am doing. It sounds like this: ottor-oo-doing?

Mindblowing I tell you! Seriously, I look down at her like dude, did you just speak to me? In a full sentence? HOLY SHIT! HOLY FUCKING SHIT! You are speaking to me. And what you are saying makes sense.

She has also caught on to the fact that please will get her just about anything, within reason. It was close to her bed time the other night and she decided she wanted to take a bath. We, in no way, shape or form wanted to give her a bath, it was around 8:00 or so and one of us had something terribly important to watch on TV. Sue me! Chip has started giving Hayden a bath in the mornings on Tuesdays and Thursdays (she goes to Sandy those two days and we want her hair presentable) instead of the night before. So anyway, she wants to take a bath and we know this becasue she is standing in front of us demanding a bath (the enunciation of the 'th' is like none I've ever heard). We reward her with no response. I look at Chip out of the corner of my eye, he does the same to me. We don't say a word in hopes that she will just give it up. Lo and behold she busts out the manners..."Please. Please," (which comes out as peas) she begs. I look at Chip and we agree that we just can't deny her a bath when she is asking so politely. So, he sucked it up and gave Ms. Manners a bath.

Fast forward to yesterday. Outside...please. Shoes...please. Puppies out please. GAH! Now what?

~

Hayden's 2 year well-check was last Friday. Everything went very well! Here are her stats:

Height: 3' exact (give or take an 1/8 of an inch, LOL!)
Weight: 27.2 lbs

Overall Diagnosis: Healthy!

Awesomeness right there! I love me some healthy, especially in the form of a toddler.

~

I took off work last Friday, to do the doctor thing and to try and get Chip a vehicle. We succeeded in both!



Now, I don't love the truck, but Chip seems to and he is the one who drives it. Works for me.

~

Hayden and I went to two birthday parties last weekend. Both for my cousin's kids. I dressed her in what E would call a "gertie" outfit and off we went.

Party #1



Party #2




We had a fun time at both parties. It makes me wish Hayden had a playmate her age that she was around more than once a week. Right now she may or may not see Isaiah or Ingrid during the week. There are weeks she goes without seeing a single child. It'll be fine, I know. She is social and does jump right in when other kids are around and playing. I won't go into detail about her pushing Ingrid down and bending her finger back yesterday.

Moving on...

I met Dustin's babies two weekends ago. Just look how sweet they are:



I think I'll end it there, perfection!

No comments: