Friday, January 22, 2010

Georgia



Sent to me via cell phone.

Things I learned living in GA:

1. A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.
I've seen more road kill in the past four years than I have my entire life, damn skunks!

2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in GA.

3. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in GA.

4. If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite ya.

5. 'Onced' and 'Twiced' are words.
Crazy enough, I actually hear twiced way more than I hear onced.

6. It's not a shopping cart, it's a buggy.
Duh! Of course it's a buggy!

7. "Jaw-P" means did y'all go to the bathroom?

8. Fixinto is one word.

9. There is no such thing as lunch, there is only dinner and supper.
I do say lunch as a matter of fact, I do not say dinner, but I know folks who do.

10. Sweet tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it in your sippy cup.
Guilty! Hayden is guilty too!

11. You switch from heat to AC in one day.

12. You know what a "dawg" is.
I also know what a far (fire) is.

13. You carry jumper cables in your car for your own car.
Why else would you carry them?

14. Going to Wal~Mart is known as going to "Wally~World".
I've got a better one...M _ _ i ~ Mart!

15. The first day of deer season is a national holiday.
So says Chip, my two uncles, a co-worker, my boss, my aunt and a few friends!

16. You understand these jokes & send them to your GA friends & those who wish they were from Ga.


On a positive note: I love my little piece of GA and am happy to be raising my daughter here!

No comments: