Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Life and Death

One year ago today Cliff died.

Two months and eleven days ago Dustin died.

Days go by that I am not reminded of them. Not many days though. Most days they enter my thoughts when I am driving and my mind is not busy. In my memories they will be forever young, wild and restless.

The good die young. The rest of us spend the rest of our lives attempting to make sense of something that we know deep down will baffle us for as long as we live.

I still have trouble wrapping my head around what is, what not one of us can change.

Three hours ago Dustin's girlfriend, Melisa, found out that the babies she is carrying will be brother and sister. Dustin is having a boy and a girl!

Knowing this will give my aunt and uncle a reason to smile.

Two months from now Cliff's sister, Christy, will become a mama. She is having a baby girl!

Knowing this will give my aunt and uncle a reason to smile.

Knowing that they have a reason to smile gives me a reason to smile too!

1 comment:

connie said...

not a day goes by with me i don't think of them too...I WANT YOU TO KNOW I LOVE ALL OF YA'LL..........YOU ARE MY ANGEL..LOVE YOU HEATHER.........