Friday, September 25, 2009

Party Potty Time

Peepee in the potty, peepee in the potty!

She did it! Not once! Not twice!! But three, yes, three times!!!

I'm so tickled I could tinkle!

On Tuesday, right before she hopped into the tub, I sat her on her potty and sang the peepee in the potty song to her. It goes like this: peepee in the potty, peepee in the potty...I pulled out a handy-dandy book and started reading to her, talking about the pictures. Basically, trying to get her to relax a bit, hoping that would help her take a leak. Lo and behold, it did. It worked! I then showed her how to wipe, dump the peepee in the toliet and flush. I danced a jig, she smiled and stomped around in a circle. She was proud of herself!

On Wednesday, right before she hopped into the tub, I sat her on her potty and sang the peepee in the potty song to her. It goes like this: peepee in the potty, peepee in the potty...I pulled out a handy-dandy book and started reading to her, talking about the pictures. Basically, trying to get her to relax a bit, hoping that would help her take a leak. Lo and behold, it did. It worked! I then showed her how to wipe, dump the peepee in the toliet and flush. I danced a jig, she smiled and stomped around in a circle. She was proud of herself!

On Thursday, right before she hopped into the tub, she sat herself on her potty and I sang the peepee song to her. It goes like...just kidding! I pulled out a handy-dandy book and started reading to her and lo and behold, she had already wizzed, was standing up and trying to dump the peepee in the toilet and flush. I danced a jig, she did too.

I'm sticking to this, we're sticking to this. I am on to something, I hope. I may have been blessed with an easily potty-trained toddler. Could I be so lucky? I was honestly thinking potty training would be a bitch, seeing how I am not home during the day except for on weekends. I realize she has not shit in the potty so I am not counting my turds before they are dropped but, hot damn, this is encouraging stuff I'm experiencing this week.

1 comment:

connie said...

love you heather....i enjoy reading this.keep the good work up..see ya this weekend..............