Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Pretty Good Thing

I have been making oatmeal before work in the mornings and leaving some for Hayden. Turns out Hayden isn't the only one eating the goodness, my husband is as well.

"Dude, that oatmeal is pretty good. How do you make it?"

"Seriously? It's oatmeal."

Then I got to thinking about it and it's not just oatmeal, it's mama's oatmeal, and that explains it all, right? Right!

2 cups whole milk (the fatty kind)
1 cup oatmeal
Brown Sugar
Butter (the fatty kind)
Cinnamom
Nutmeg

~ Honestly, I never measure the brown sugar, butter and spices, I just guess. If I had to give approximate amounts I would say 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.

Mix the milk, brown sugar, butter, cinnaman and nutmeg together in a pot and bring to a boil.
Add the oatmeal and stir.
Cook approximately 5 minutes, stir often.
Serve with more butter and cinnamon on top.

Very simple, very tasty and yes, very sweet, but hey, low cholesterol.

No comments: