Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Not Quite There, Either Way




The blueberries and blackberries that have managed to avoid Hayden's eyes and fingers are fast approaching goodness.

I so wish I would have planted strawberries and raspberries also. There is still time, I know.

This past weekend was not unlike the one before it. Hayden was happy so we were happy. We have taken to chasing her down the driveway repeatedly, non-stop, a shitload of fun I tell you. So, a fence across the front of our property is a must, and quick. We refuse to spend the next six months trying to relax on the porch only to have to jump up and run after a little girl whose only thrill seems to be hauling ass towards the road while being chased by her mama and/or daddy. Not so fun, from our point of view anyway.


"But daddy, I absolutely must run down the driveway in an attempt to fling myself into oncoming traffic, pointing at the biiiig truck standing fifty yards away isn't enough, I must be one with the biiiig truck."


Yesterday we celebrated my mom's birthday, she turned 55. We met up with some friends and family for supper.


I must point out the gift I gave my mom. I slaved over it for what seemed like minutes yesterday at work. Perhaps it is quite marketable and I should look into selling similar items on Etsy. I will say it went over well with the family, but that isn't saying much. They thrill easily, especially when a crazy lady is sporting a tank top made from a pair of men's underwear (don't worry, I cut the ass out).


Redneck Recycling At Its Best


Awesome, I know!

So, there you have it. Racing strips beware, you are one shit stain away from having your ass torn out!

1 comment:

connie said...

THANKS FOR THE PARTY..I LOVE THE TANK TOP . I'M GOING TO FRAME IT.HAVE A GREAT DAY.. LOVE YOU HEATHER....SEE YA THIS WEEKEND..