Monday, June 22, 2009

Before I Forget

About a week ago...
Hayden and I were outside on the porch, it was hot, breezy and the sun was barely starting to set. She had all but forgotten about her rocking chair, as toddlers do with toys over a day old. For some reason, and I think it was simply to lead up to the moment...(karma is paying me back, I've been a good girl)...
Hayden went over and sat down in the rocker and started to rock. The porch, being crafted of wood (and old), is uneven and difficult to rock on. Me, being mama, moved over to Hayden, kneeled down and helped her rock her chair a little faster, smoother. She began to scoot towards the edge of the rocker, she put her feet on the porch and stood up, leaned in, opened her mouth and gave me the wettest, sweetest, most treasured kiss.
Her kiss brought tears to my eyes. She genuinely wanted to kiss me, she felt it.
And I, I do not think I could have asked for a more perfect ending to the day (any day for that matter). Sunshine, wind, our porch and Hayden loving on me. It lets me know I did something so very right.

2 comments:

connie said...

MY LITTLE ANGEL.... YOU AND HAYDEN. I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU WILL KNOW.. I'M SORRY IF I SAID SOMETHING TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS. THAT THE LAST THING ON EARTH I WOULD WANT TO DO.... LOVE YOU HEATHER...

Maria Rose said...

What a beautiful post!