Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Explaining & Updating

We are almost halfway through the first month of Spring. I honestly am surprised that I have been as diligent about posting photos as I have been. Saturday is supposed to be sunny and warm, if wunderground and the folks who call themselves meteorologists hit their mark. Maybe, just maybe, I will be able to get a few great photos.

We have 4.8 acres total. The rental is on an acre and is surrounded on two sides by a privacy fence. Our house, the kennel, and the runs for the dogs take up another two acres, roughly. The rest is unused and is located at the back of the property. It runs parallel to a railroad track. I would call it a pasture but we have no livestock, none that stay permanently. We have spotted deer and turkeys out there before. But, until we have actual animals grazing I'll call it a field. In my opinion, this area is ripe with opportunity for finding great subjects for photos. The problem is getting out there, which consists of wading through the dog run and the puddles that try to dry up but fail due to the never-ending rain. Nevertheless, this weekend I am doing it, I am going all the way. Rain or shine, hopefully shine.

I forgot to post the pictures of the onesie and the baby bag I made for my aunts. (See: Commissioned) So, here they are. I must mention that the onsie was not completely finished when I took these pictures so you don't get to see the number 1 I cut out and sewed right on top of the star. Sorry. Devastating, I know.

FRONT



BACK




FRONT



BACK


I am not thrilled with the photos of the baby bag but they do show the details I added. Myra was tickled with her bag and Tricia was happy to give the onesie to her friend at work, goal accomplished!

No comments: