Thursday, January 22, 2009

Let the Planning Begin!

February 18th is fast approaching. My, oh my! 1 year down and many, many more to go. Hayden is unlucky in the fact that she has a winter birthday. Now, she may or may not mind this as she ages but I sure do. Finding a cool indoor playground or an area that isn't germ infested is damn hard around these parts. Trust me, I know, I've been searching. I did find a couple of places that have air floats to jump on and whatnot but Hayden is 1 and does not jump on air floats, thank you very much. I'm not sure if I want a small party or an even smaller party. I could do it 2 different ways. The small party would include 11 kids ranging from 6 months to 7 years old and their parent(s). The smaller party would include 4 kids ranging from 6 months to 7 years old and their parent(s). The 6 month old being Hayden's cousin Isaiah, I've mentioned him here before. He also does not jump on air floats, FYI. So, I have been pondering just having the party at a house, not ours, too small (seriously). Sandy put her house up for destruction and so did my mom. I figure we will end up at my mom's. This will allow me to decorate as I see fit. We checked into Dairy Queen (which is still an option) and they already have their own decorations up so I wouldn't get to do that if we had the party there. I really, really want to make this garland:
http://www.purlbee.com/mollys-party-garland/

I want to be able to add some things from the party to Hayden's baby book and the garland would be lovely. I plan to make a Baby Einstein caterpillar cake as well. I definitely need to stop talking about all of this and do it already. I predict the week of February 16th to be a very busy one, I tend to procrastinate.

Speaking of baby books...Hayden's is overflowing. I kept anything (except for her social security card which I have already misplaced, damnit!) that I felt was relevant and thought she would want to have when she was older. I plan to cut the binding off and move the contents into a large, more durable book that my mom started for her before she was born. Hayden was 11 months on the 18th of January. I need to take some time to fill out her 11 month page. I have been pretty good about keeping the book up to date. Go me!

Once I get the details worked out I will add them here, hoepfully then I will have the garland made and will post a picture of it as well.

1 comment:

connie said...

HEATHER YOU ARE SUCH A WONDERFUL MOTHER...I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH.