Monday, January 5, 2009

Bring It On!

Well, then. The holidays have come and gone. Here we are on the flip side. Ready for a new year. No? Maybe, a little? I am. 2008 was berserk, filled with firsts, many of which involved Hayden. Here is a little run down for those interested.

January~ Still pregnant and miserable. Working everyday with a little foot wedged under my right rib cage, ouch!
February~ Begin maternity leave. Hayden arrives and I enter a fog, one not like I have been in before, very thick shit I tell you! Wyndie's litter of puppies arrives 5 days after we get home from the hospital. F*@K!!!
March~ We end up bottle feeding every damn one of them, not to mention cleaning shit and piss 24/7 in an attempt to be good parents...to puppies. Hayden continues to be a newborn and I continue to slowly loose my shit.
April~ Maternity leave comes to an abrupt halt. I turn 30, didn't do a damn thing. Had I not been struggling with post partum I would have really gave a shit.
May~ Not much to tell here, surviving = motto.
June~ Florida, baby. My mom, aunt and I take Hayden down for a mini vacation to visit family and friends. Love you Carrie! Chip hits the big 3-5. His party happens, mine does not...if that tells you who plans and who doesn't. It tells me that next year I have to plan my own damn party, that's what it tells me!
July~ Hayden cuts her first tooth. My sister becomes pregnant and decides to move back to GA.
August~ My grasp on the good side of life sucks balls...STILL! Teething blows! I become an aunt to Isaiah, my brother's baby boy.
September~ Sandy has her surgery and Chip takes over Hayden. This actually turns out to be great for everyone. They bond, I work, Sandy recovers, time doesn't stand still and everyone makes it to the other side.
October~ Rough end to the month, my cousin passes away. (You will be remembered always, Cliff) 1 year anniversary, October 6th! Off to Nashville. Sandy gets Hayden back! We throw a Halloween party to end all parties, shaaa, right. Hayden becomes a pumpkin, me a witch and Chip, himself, thrilling I know.
November~ Can honestly say that I feel pretty good, no medication needed. Hayden is ever changing, as is life. My sister moves back to FL.
December~ Work Christmas party, come a hair from drinking too much, glad we left when we did (open mouth, insert foot). Hadyen walks. I run. My sister visits with her very pregnant self. We scramble together a baby shower in Ingrid's honor. Sleep through new years eve, obliviuos to it all!

I am already planning my vacations for 2009. I have 10 days off this year, paid. I will probably take a Thursday and Friday off early in the year to visit my new niece, and a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday off mid year to frolick the beaches of the gulf with Carrie and her beer drinking family. The other 5 days will be saved for after summer when the going gets tough and I get going. I have high hopes for this year. Hell, I think each year will be better than the last, especially now that Hayden is here. I think I pretty much have this parenting thing by the horns, shhhhhhh! Don't tell nobody!

Ah, almost forgot...

2 comments:

connie said...

love you....great writing

connie said...

love you....great writing