Monday, September 22, 2008

This & That

Surprise...surprise! You ever worry about something that is going to happen only to find that there was never any need to worry? Everyday, right? Well, I am proud to say that my husband has put my mind at ease. He has taken on the responsibility that is Hayden. He is her daytime caregiver, has been since last Monday. I must say he is doing an awesome job, or so it appears from the outside. Hayden is in one piece when I get home so all is well in my world. Daddy appears to be in one piece as well, at least physically, I can't speak for his mental or emotional state, although I firmly believe he handles our little angel better than I could. His tolerance level for certain things is greater than mine...by far.

So, as of a couple of weeks ago, Hayden crawls. She is everywhere! The knees of her pretty and pink flannel sleeper are black to prove it. The cuffs are as well, revealing that her hands and knees take her around the entire house. What's next? Cruising? Oh my! She is pulling up on anything she can wrap her fingers around. She holds the table with one hand and reaches for her toy mimi sent with the other. Fascinating, to her and to us. If she ever figures out how to balance her weight she's off. Much to our fear and delight. How scary it is to think our baby will walk soon, but how great it is to not have to tote her sweet baby body around. Before too long we'll be all come over here Hayden, and come she will, on her own, very soon. Fat feet and all.

Today brings us the first day of Autumn. I absolutely love this time of year. It brings about the feeling of change, something new and different in the air. I really feel into the season this year. We are experiencing a change in the air, crisper, cooler. Very sweet weather. I feel like there is much to look forward to, to anticipate. Hayden is probably the reason for that. Over the weekend I brought out all of our Fall decorations, you know, the leaves, the scarecrows, the pumpkin lights, all the burnt orange, moss green, eggplant purple...you get the glow. The colors of the season are my favorite! I realized after doing so that I would have to downsize my display of all things seasonal. My living room is now off limits because of Hayden, please see above paragraph regarding crawling and cruising. So, the dining room and kitchen are fair game. I figure what will happen will be this: 2 months will pass, December will be right around the corner, and I will still have a shitload of orange, green and purple leaves, scarecrows, and pumpkins waiting to be put to use, taking up space on the dining room table. I will then wrap them all back up just in time for the berry red and winter green, the lights and Christmas tree, stockings and...

AWESOME!...Hayden gets a stocking this year! This just occurred to me.

Mission: Find cutest, prettiest, most gorgeous baby stocking out there, this translates to shopping, of course:-) I also plan to send personalized Christmas cards with a family picture this year, hell I do every year, plan to send them that is, I never actually get around to it. This year will be different though, it will be. The trick is to plan ahead, get started early. So, as soon as my bangs grow out, bangs that I let my mom cut (what was I thinking?), we'll get right on it!

In other anticipatory news, starting Friday at 3:00 I am on vacation! Hallelujah!

Friday: Lucinda is at the Bigou in Knoxville, I will be there with my mom and Myra.
Sunday: Hayden has an appointment to have her picture taken (I made a tutu for the occasion).
Vacation all next week.
Next Friday: Husband and I are off to Nashville for 3 days, 2 nights. We are going to see Josh Turner, Sara Evans, Wynona, and some others at the Opry. We've never been to Nashville and plan to have a great time.
October 6th: Back to work, our anniversary, 1 whole year married (16 years later). Wow! Seems like just yesterday we were in school and one of us was wearing dork-ass overalls. I won't point fingers but that someone has no breasts and didn't birth a baby in February.


~ No pictures this post as I am not at my computer and do not have access. Seriously! No, I am not embarrassed of my hair, stfu!

No comments: