Tuesday, May 27, 2008

June Bugs!

BUSY



So...
June is quite a busy month for me, has been for numerous years. This year the tradition will continue and an addition will be made to the list of events and/or activities.

Starting during the first week in June are family birthdays. My uncle and my sister have birthdays that take place on the 5th and 6th, respectively. Now, don't let me fool you into thinking I actually buy for everyone, and by that I am referring to my uncle only. Until 2 years ago I never actually saw him or really talked to him that often. He lived in GA and I lived in FL. However, I work for him now and I suppose the proper thing to do would be to extend to him a thoughtful gift. So, now I take that back, what I said before, I do buy for everyone. My sister is relatively easy to buy for. I will just stop at a local yard sale and pick her up something random yet truly meaningful. Plan B is a gift card to the ever-resourceful WalMart. Note to self: purchase E's gift in time to deliver in person while in FL next month...(a hint as to the extra "event" being added to the month that I was referring to at the beginning of my post.) The following week, on the 12th of June to be exact, me and Hayden are going to FL with my mom and my aunt Myra. We will be attempting to fly by aircraft, which will make this excursion the one that will be written down in the baby book as being the first flight for Hayden. I'm quite nervous about this, as you never know how a baby will adapt to being on a plane. I have requested that Hayden either sit with my mom and I or my mom and Myra in the two seats that are side by side (one of us is situated two rows back and on the opposite side). I made sure I wasn't off by myself with Hayden...ALONE! No way, I am not that brave. The plan is to convincingly act like she is my mom or Myra's child if she goes into a fit, wink...wink;-) Ok, on to the haps for June...we are in FL until the 15th. I am so looking forward to this trip and will be so excited the day before we leave I may very well piss myself. The 15th happens to be the most notable day of the month, and not because of what happens on this day but the number of things that happen on this day. My mom and Spud (old friend, no pun intended) share a birthday on the 15th. Spud usually gets a card, but my mom is harder to buy for. The fact that I just thought up something for Mother's Day doesn't help that fact either. My ideas for great gifts for her are coming to an end, even with Hayden here...I mean how many pictures can you give a nanny who lives with the camera perfectly attached to her hand and captures countless memories of her grandchild? Not too many! I need ideas for a cool, thoughtful gift for my mom, please?! I'm not in the clear yet, lo and behold, the 15th of June is a special day for traditional holidays as well. This year Father's Day falls on my mom and Spud's birthday. This occasionally happens. Now, my dad happens to be THE hardest individual to buy for. He has everything, everything, ask anyone. If I remember correctly we gave him a Home Depot gift card last year. I would prefer he go and pick out his own gift, and let us pay for it. He has a tendency to either take back or never use the "stuff" we select ad give him. I don't wish to dwell on the the 15th so let's move on. Well, not without summing up that I will be returning, by plane, with my almost 4 month old at the time, and celebrating my mom's and my friend's birthday, and Father's Day...OH SHIT! I totally forgot that Chip is a dad now too! This happens daily. I get so wrapped up in June and the hysteria of it all, I only think about my dad being a father. My husband is a father now as well. Thankfully, my brain and my heart were in sync last week and I ordered him something from his daughter that will without a doubt be very well received and received on time. Go me! Fast forward ten days, June 25th, the last week of June. Woohoo! This day is reserved for Chip, he will reach that moment in life that one is closer to 40, 4-0, than they are to 30. I have no clue what to do for him for his 35th birthday. I definitely should start planning now. I have lass than a month to work something out. Ideas? Right away I'm thinking fire, beer, BBQ, water, sun...

That sounds like a great way to end the talk of everything I will accomplish in June. That's also how I am going to look at the month's schedule. A goal...so at the end I will feel that I have achieved an awesome accomplishment. BAAHAAHAA! Lots to do, and time to do it (if I start NOW!)


If you feel compelled to reread to make sense of it all, feel free, I will do so many times in order to get myself in check:-)

Oh, and Hayden is doing great. Our weekend was excellent. We love our daughter!








No comments: